About The Course
PLEASE NOTE: This course is not hosted on the edX platform, but can be found at http://copyx.org. A certificate will be awarded after successful completion of a final exam and satisfaction of class attendance criteria.
Copyright explores the current law of copyright and the ongoing debates concerning how that law should be reformed. The course explores in depth the law, theory, and practice of copyright. Approximately two thirds of the course focus on the copyright system of the United States; the remainder is devoted to the laws pertaining to copyright and "neighboring rights" in other countries. Considerable attention is devoted to the relationship between copyright law and creative expression in a variety of fields: literature; music; film; photography; graphic art; software; comedy; fashion; and architecture.
Recent related Law courses:
- Introduction to Key Constitutional Concepts and Supreme Court Cases
- Découvrir la science politique
- Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects
- Representing the Professional Athlete
- Central Challenges of American National Security, Strategy and the Press: An Introduction