About The Course
UC Berkeley is partnering with the U.S. Department of State to extend the reach of College Writing 2X. Participating U.S. Embassies will host in-person, facilitated discussions sessions around the course content in order to maximize the learning experience. The State Department-supported EducationUSA network will also offer facilitated discussions in some locations for students interested in pursuing higher education in the United States. This partnership is part of the English Education Alliance (E2A), a global effort of the U.S. Department of State to address the global demand for 21st century English language skills.
College Writing 2.2x is the second part of the academic writing course. In this part, you will focus on proofreading and self-editing; revision vs. editing; common errors in grammar, punctuation, and spelling; understanding tone and diction; vocabulary development. The course materials will be offered via readings, videos, and various types of homework assignments. There are suggested optional textbooks for additional writing work. You will participate in online discussions as well as peer review of your writing. You will complete one full essay for this part of the course.
Recent related Humanities courses:
- Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects
- Advanced Spanish Language and Culture
- Was Alexander Great? The Life, Leadership, and Legacies of History’s Greatest Warrior
- Saving Schools: History, Politics, and Policy in U.S. Education, Mini-Course III: Accountability and National Standards
- Anthropology of Current World Issues