About The Course
The instructor will present a welcome video describing the course syllabus followed by a Power Point presentation on the topic of "Curanderismo," traditional/folk medicine.
Each thematic module will consist of an average of two 20-minute videos, by well-known traditional healers from Mexico, and the United States. Some of the hands-on demonstrations will be followed by additional readings and discussions on effectiveness of traditional and holistic medicine, which has been revived and recently gained popularity throughout the world. There will be a translator in the videos for the healers from Mexico who speak Spanish.
Recent related Food and Nutrition courses:
Recent related Humanities courses:
- Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects
- Spirituality and Sensuality: Sacred Objects in Religious Life
- Was Alexander Great? The Life, Leadership, and Legacies of History’s Greatest Warrior
- Saving Schools: History, Politics, and Policy in U.S. Education, Mini-Course III: Accountability and National Standards
- Anthropology of Current World Issues