About The Course
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will I get a Statement of Accomplishment after completing this class?
Yes. Students who successfully complete the class will receive a Statement of Accomplishment signed by the instructor.
- Can I do this course if I don’t know anything about programming?
No, we expect this course to be taken by people who have some Python programming experience, such as “Learn To Program: The Fundamentals”.
- Is there a textbook?
Yes. We will provide more information about the book in early March.
- What resources will I need for this class?
We use the freely-available Python 3 and the IDLE development environment (which comes with Python 3). The download is available here: http://www.python.org/download/. Download the most recent release of Python 3.
- Function definition, function call, method call
- Types: bool, int, float, str, list, dict, tuple
- Control structures: if, for, while
- File reading and writing
- Python and Computer Memory
- Docstrings and Function help
- Function Design Recipe
- Visualizing Function Calls
- Functions, Variables, and the Call Stack
- IDLE's Debugger
- Mutability and Aliasing