About The Course
In today’s digital landscape, companies do not have the luxury to treat IT as a mere support or enabler only. Building digital business models is increasingly becoming a pre-requisite to survive in the information economy. Digital strategies and technology platforms must become core to a business, supplementing and if needed even replacing the bricks and mortar of old economy. This course addresses issues of how companies can move from “place to space” and compete in the digital economy.
The course is built around the following three main themes:
- Internal Digital Transformation: transforming the company’s products and processes.
- Customer Digital Transformation: changing interactions with customers such that every touch-point has a digital component and leveraging customer data and information for gaining deep insights into consumer behavior and customer acquisition and retention.
- Sustaining Digital Transformation: digital strategies are more visible and thus prone to faster imitation. Protecting a digital business model through networks, ecosystems and legal means is thus vital.
Frequently Asked Questions
I get a Statement of Accomplishment or Verified Certificate after completing this class?
Yes. Students who successfully complete the class will receive a Statement of Accomplishment or Verified Certificate.
resources will I need for this class?
For this course, all you need is an Internet connection, and the time to read, write, and discuss, with your peers.
is the coolest thing I'll learn if I take this class?
Concepts and vocabulary from many fields (sociology, psychology, economics, industrial organisation, marketing, law) that will make you sound like a management guru in IT and not just an IT guru.
- No specific background required.
- A general interest in technology and technology enabled business would be helpful.