About The Course
Those interested in participating in this course have two options:
- Free Enrollment: Click “Sign Up” to enroll in course for FREE and earn a statement of accomplishment upon completion.
- Signature Track Enrollment: Click “Signature Track” and follow the enrollment steps. You will be required to pay a $49 non-refundable fee. Upon course completion you will receive a verified certificate, which employers can search. What’s this?
ABOUT THE COURSE
Not too long ago, it was believed that anyone who graduated from a doctoral program was capable of teaching. In recent years, however, it has become apparent that teaching is not an intuitive behavior. In addition to content, teaching also involves a complex intellectual process, and to develop the “art” of teaching, professors require guidance and support. As the roles and responsibilities of university-level educators have evolved and expanded in recent years, the preparation of emerging university faculty leaders must focus on the development of the knowledge, skills, and strategies for teaching and learning in higher education. This short course is designed to introduce the strategies and exemplars of university teaching skills necessary to meet these new professional demands for teaching at a university level.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I get a Statement of Accomplishment after completing this class?
Yes. Students who successfully complete the class will receive a Statement of Accomplishment (free enrollment) or a verified certificate (Signature Track enrollment) signed by the instructors.
What resources will I need for this class?
Only a working computer and internet connection.
Recent related Education courses:
- Foundations of Teaching for Learning 5: Planning for Teaching and Learning
- Introduction to Chemistry: Structures and Solutions
- Common Core in Action: Literacy in the Content Areas- Exploring Literacy Design Collaborative Template Tasks
- Changing Weather and Climate in the Great Lakes Region
- The Art of Teaching History