About The Course
The course objectives are as follows:
- Summarize the format of research articles and the research methods included in each section of an article.
- Analyze and critique research questions, study design, methods including sample selection, bias, data collection procedures, measures, and analysis plan, results, discussion and interpretation of findings.
- Compare and contrast different quantitative study designs.
- Analyze the validity and reliability of measures.
- Understand the ethical and cultural issues related to research methods.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will I get a Statement of Accomplishment after completing this class?
Yes. Students who successfully complete the class will have the opportunity to receive a Statement of Accomplishment signed by the instructor.
- Is this class eligible for Signature Track?
Yes. Prior to the beginning of the class, and during the first two weeks, students may sign up for Signature Track to earn a Verified Certificate. Details on Signature Track are available from Coursera in their Signature Track Guidebook.
- Will Continuing Education credit for practicing physicians be available for this class?
No, Continuing Education credit will not be available for students participating in this course.