About The Course
This course provides you with opportunities to integrate and apply your information security knowledge.
This course provides you with opportunities to integrate and apply your information security knowledge. Following the case-study approach, you will be introduced to current, real-world cases developed and presented by the practitioner community. You will design and execute information assurance strategies to solve these cases.
Topics explored include:
Analysis and problem solving using cases contracted from real world problems in Information Assurance including:
- Selection and application of controls
- Construction of security policies
- Understanding and application of regulatory requirements
- Understanding and application of business constraints
- Communication of risk to non-information assurance professionals
- Identification and remediation of new threats
- Analysis and performance of incident response
- Communication of Information Assurance principles and concepts
- Peer reviewed analysis of each case
- Reading and class explanation of good and bad examples (from news and public sources)
- Reading and peer discussion of current events in Information Assurance
- Ability to analyze cyber security threats and vulnerabilities in the context of an organization
- Ability to analyze cyber security policies, plans and procedures
- Understanding of the organizational governance principles in cybersecurity
- Understanding of privacy, accountability and ethical behavior as it applies to cybersecurity.
- Understanding of formal models for information security
- General knowledge of risk management frameworks